What is FASTag?
Its very common in India to see bunch of vehicles awaiting in toll plaza waiting for their chance to pay toll charges and carry on their journey. The action of drivers making payment with cash and receiving a ticket in return from toll keepers is very slow. For which the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has launched an innovative way/technology to skip the toll plaza line. NHAI’s FASTag deducts toll charges automatically when the car passes through the toll gate.
FASTag by NHAI is very simple to use. NHAI’s FASTag deducts toll charges automatically when the car passes through the toll gate. This enables driver to skip the long line of cars in awaiting in toll plaza.
It uses a technology called Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) and are affixed on the windscreen of a vehicle. In order to affix the tag on the vehicle, the tag account has to be activated.
FASTag is the best solution for one to travel hassle free in highways. FASTag is currently active in more than 420 plazas across India including National and State Highways.
Benefits of FASTag.
- Cashback: One can avail a cashback up to 2.5% on every toll payment using FASTag annually. The cashback earned is automatically credited back to one’s FASTag account within a week post the said month.
- SMS and E-Mail alert for transactions: Customer will receive SMS and E-Mail alert on every transactions they make on their FASTag account.
- Exclusive FASTag Portal: Customer has the ability to access their FASTag account to check their statement.
- Online Recharge: Customer has the ability to recharge their FASTag account through various means like credit card, debit card, upi, netbanking etc.
- Pre-Paid Toll Pass: A FASTag customer doesn’t have to take cash with them for toll payments.
- Validity: A FASTag account holder has a validity period of 5 years.
- Registration Certificate of the Vehicle.
- Passport Size Photo.
- KYC Documents.
- Driving License.
- PAN Card.
- Voter’s ID.
- Aadhaar Card.