Activate PhonePe using your Aadhaar Card – Tutorial
PhonePe, An UPI platform, has enabled enrollment with Aadhaar card using OTP authentication. The payment app claims that it is the first UPI TPAP app to implement the Aadhaar-based UPI onboarding procedure. This implies that customers can select the Aadhaar card option on the PhonePe app for the onboarding process, and they will be required to enter the last six digits of their Aadhaar card to begin the onboarding process, rather than entering debit card information.
Previously, in the UPI onboarding process, a debit card was required to set up a user’s UPI PIN for the PhonePe registration procedure. This restricted access for anyone who did not have their debit card handy. Now, the Aadhar-based e-KYC flow has streamlined the registration onboarding procedure.
PhonePay users can select the Aadhaar card option on the PhonePe app for the onboarding process, and they will be required to enter the last six digits of their Aadhaar number to initiate the onboarding process. These users would receive a one-time password (OTP) from UIDAI and their respective bank to complete the authentication process.
Here are the steps to activate a PhonePe UPI account using an Aadhaar card:
- Open the PhonePe application on your Android or iOS device.
- Navigate to your PhonePe profile page.
- Choose the Add bank account option under the Payment Instruments tab.
- Select the bank, then use OTP authentication to validate the mobile phone number.
- PhonePay will gather bank account information and attach it to UPI in STEP 5.
- configure your UPI PIN. There will be an option to choose between debit card and Aadhaar card details.
- Fill in the final six digits of the Aadhaar number in STEP 7. A one-time password will be emailed to your registered phone number.
- Now, enter the received OTP and configure the UPI PIN.
- PhonePe UPI is now enabled and ready to be used for payments.