All banks in India operates as per the regulations prescribed by the Reserve Bank of India. If the bank customer is not satisfied with the services provided by the bank, then he or she can close their bank account. Some banks charges during account closing process and some bank doesn’t. HDFC bank falls in the category of best private sector Bank in India. It provides many services like Savings Account, Current Accounts, Internet Banking, Mobile Banking, etc.
Things to Remember before you close HDFC Bank Account.
- Transfer all your current balance to other account.
- Clear all your pending dues before you close HDFC Bank Account.
- Take your complete bank statement before closing your account.
How to close your HDFC Bank Account?
- Visit your nearest branch.
- Get the “HDFC Bank Account Closure Form” or download it by clicking here.
Preview of the form:
- Fill out all the necessary information in the form like Account Holder Name, Bank Account Number, etc. Re-Check all the details you have provided before submitting the form.
- If asked, provide valid ID Proof and Address Proof, while closing your HDFC Bank Account.
Bank will verify all your documents. Once your documents are successfully verified, your HDFC Bank account will be closed Successfully. If you face any problem while closing the account, contact HDFC bank toll free number by checking the list by clicking here.
Return things provided by the Bank.
After closing your account, return all the things which are been provided to you by the bank.
- Cheque Book.
- Pass Book.
- Debit Card.
- Credit Card. (If any)
Charges to close HDFC Bank Account.
HDFC Bank Charges Rs 500 during account closing time.