All banks in India operates as per the regulations prescribed by the Reserve Bank of India. If the bank customer is not satisfied with the services provided by the bank, then he or she can close their bank account. Some banks charges during account closing process and some bank doesn’t. SBI have waived off their account closing charges. You cannot close SBI bank account online. The customer must visit the branch in order to close SBI bank account.
The method of closing SBI Savings Account and SBI Salary Accounts are same.
Things to remember before closing your SBI Bank Account.
- After closing your account, you cannot re-open it.
- Make the account balance zero before closing your account.
- Clear your pending dues before closing your account.
- Take your complete bank account statement before closing your account.
How to close SBI bank Account?
- Visit your nearest branch.
- The bank will provide you “Account Closure Request Form or CDSL”. You can also download the from by clicking here.
Preview of the form:
- You have to fill the complete form mentioning the details
- Name of the account holder.
- Account Number.
- Contact Number and Signature of the account holder.
- Reason of account closing.
- You also have the option to transfer your remaining money either by cash, cheque, DD, or transferring the amount to other account as well.
Sometimes SBI Branches ask for ID proof and Address proof before closing your account. Provide them the ID that they asked for. After closing of your account you will be notified via e-mail and sms on your registered e-mail id and phone number.
If you face any problem during your account closure, you can contact SBI by their TOLL FREE number: 1800112211
Return things provided by the Bank.
After closing your account, return all the things which are been provided to you by the bank.
- Cheque Book.
- Pass Book.
- Debit Card.
- Credit Card. (If any)
Charges Applicable, if your close SBI bank account.
From 1st October 2017, SBI has revised all the charges that were applicable on bank account closure. There is currently no charges applicable on bank account closure.