How to download Jeevan Pramaan Patra: Life Certificate for pensioners
More than 1 crore retirees in the country obtain their pension through banks, post offices, etc. Pensioners must give PDAs a “Life Certificate” every November. They can do it in-person or online.
Jeevan Pramaan in short
Jeevan Pramaan is a biometric, Aadhaar-based digital life certificate for pensioners.
Jeevan Pramaan (digital life certificate)
Pensioners can develop their own Digital Life Certificate (DLC) or pay someone else. Pensioners can register for JP/DLC at the following locations:
I Pensioners can download the JP application (Generate DLC themselves) from the JP Portal https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in/app/download and install it on an android-based smart phone/tablet or Windows PC/Laptop.
Pensioners can visit any closest Centre (with digital services) like the Citizen Service Centre (CSC), Government Office/Banks designated for creating DLCs, and register online using their services.
Life Certificate Digitalization
- Enter the pensioner’s data, Aadhaar number, and mobile number in the online application form.
- Enter OTP and click OK.
- The following screen appears if the OTP is accurate. On the next screen, enter pensioner name, PPO number, pension kind, sanctioning authority, disbursing agency, email Bank Account number, etc. Choose Remarried, Reemployed.
- Check the box. Click ‘Scan Finger’ to begin finger/iris scanning.
- Once Finger Print/Iris Authentication is successful, the pensioner’s life certificate is shown and an SMS is delivered to their phone.
- Jeevan Pramaan Certificate ID will be in the SMS received. The created certificates or DLCs are stored in the Life Certificate Repository for use by pensioners and the Pension Disbursing Agency.
The pensioner’s Pramaan ID is delivered by SMS once the certificate is generated (print). Pension Disbursing Agencies can also receive the Digital Life Certificate or Jeevan Pramaan electronically. PDAs can view and download Jeevan Pramaan’s Life Certificate.
The pensioner can download a PDF copy of the created digital certificate from the Jeevan Pramaan website using their Jeevan Pramaan ID or Aadhaar number.